1. Making things beautiful and successful.
2. Working with the person that pulls the trigger.
3. We converse about projects with brands that want to work with us.
4. No layers. Being small means we’re fast and agile.
5. Believing you are the expert. We collaborate and listen to transform your knowledge into visual energy.
6. Having a story to tell. Our job is to find yours.
7. Strategy and design being two sides to the same coin.
8. Every project and client is unique and requires a special solution. There is no shortcut, template or formula for the right answer.
9. Loving what we do.
10. Working with really good brands who want to be great.
Co-founder of Modus Creative, Jon has over 25 years of experience developing brand-level creative for a wide range of companies. In 2011 his rebrand for the Country Club Plaza was selected as one of the top 100 rebrands in the world. Jon has a degree in Communication Design from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, where he graduated with highest honors. Jon’s design work has been displayed internationally, has been recognized for excellence in such national publications as Print, How, and Graphis, and has won numerous awards.
Kay Simonsen is the co-founder of Modus Creative and head of business development. She spent her formative years working in large markets such as New York, Chicago and Phoenix buying and selling media to a wide range of clients such as Sonic, Taco Bell, Nissan Auto, AMC Theatres, Payless Shoes, KFC as well as many regional and local clients. Kay now channels her energy, creativity and competitive drive to help Kansas City businesses expand their reach.
One of the region’s most accomplished creative directors & writers, David has won trophies from the Clios, One Show, London International Advertising Awards and the Radio Mercurys. Before founding TheCollaborationKC, David spent 30+ years as Senior Copywriter & Creative Director at agencies in St. Louis and Kansas City, on accounts that included Anheuser-Busch, Ralston Purina, SBC, Edward Jones, Sprint, Missouri Division of Tourism, Brown Shoe Group, Commerce Bancshares, Cadbury Schweppes and many others.
Launches & Openings